Mesothelioma treatments include chemotherapy, radiation, surgery or a combination of these therapies. Immunotherapy, targeted therapy and palliative care may also be used. These treatments can help manage symptoms, improve quality of life and extend life expectancy.
- The main treatment options for mesothelioma include surgery, radiation therapy and chemotherapy.
- Targeted therapy, immunotherapy and palliative care can manage symptoms and improve quality of life.
- Treatment depends on the cancer stage.
- Surgical options include removing the pleura or the affected lung and HIPEC.
- Thoracentesis and pleurodesis can reduce fluid buildup and relieve symptoms.
- Mesothelioma clinical trials test new treatments, such as immunotherapy.
Continue reading the article and get your FREE mesothelioma treatment guide at: